Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Now it is 2011. 2010 has passed. 2009 has, too, and I haven't posted a single blog entry. Reading other people's blogs brings so much joy to my life, though. I love reading about the experiences of my sisters and friends, because I feel like I'm closer to them. It's also just plain ol' fun to read about what they've been up to.

But you know how the saying goes: "If you want a Christmas card, you got to send one." I may be stretching it a bit, but if I want my friends to blog about their lives, I suppose I have to blog about mine, too. There's the classic "I'm terrible at keeping a journal" excuse, and also the "Nothing exciting happens in my life." Maybe most people feel that way about their own lives. However, I like reading the mundane "I'm-posting-because-I-have-to" blog entries. Maybe someone will like to read mine, too (which will be almost every post...). As far as the "terrible at keeping a journal" excuse? I'm sure a blogpost once a week isn't too hard to keep up with. I may be pleased in a few month's time that I've kept this simple record of my life.

So here is my New Year's Resolution: to keep up with a blog, and to post in it at least once a week, even if I never get any comments, and even if it's a "I'm-posting-because-I-have-to" entry.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Here's your first COMMENT of the year. I'm glad you're blogging again. I think you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally right! I'm sure I will love reading your blog even if it's just a "I'm posting because I have to" post. This will be a very fun way to keep up with you. Sorry I haven't kept up with mine well recently... I promise I'll post a bunch more in the next few days.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete