Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Time to catch-up

Now that it's summer, and I have had plenty of free time, it's time for a blog update.  I don't even know where to begin, since a lot has happened and I've got a good 8 or 9 months of our lives to cover.  My plan is to do a blogpost a day to cover everything.  Now that life is slow, I feel like keeping the blog current is going to be an easy thing to do.

Basically, our summer has been spent mostly working.  We've had a couple of nice vacations visiting family, but otherwise our summer has been very lazy, chill, and relaxing.  Looking back, I could have been more productive, as in I had plenty of opportunities to update the blog/do crafts/read books/exercise/etc, but it just feels so good to lay in bed all day when you have no obligations!  It's almost like I know I won't be able to do nothing when the semester starts, or when I start having kids, so I'm enjoying it while it's here.  Now that I've had my fill of nothingness, I'm ready to get things done.  And so now, a blog!


Here is  list of the happenings in the Rougeau home by month.  Over the next week or so, I'll go more into detail on these things in about a post a day.


November 2011

  • Natalie starts teaching a Sunday School class for chuch
  • Thanksgiving with Narayne in Logan, UT


December 2011

  • December 10 - Fall classes end
  • December 12-23 - Winter Intersession class (Human Physiology) for Natalie
  • Christmas and New Year's with my family in Houston


January 2012

  • January 11 - Back to Houston to welcome Elder Nicholas Egan home from his mission to Phoenix, AZ
  • January 17 - Spring classes start, Natalie starts working on her Dental Hygiene application to the LSU Dental School in New Orleans
  • January 28 - Go to Houston (again) at the end of the month to see Jennifer play as Hedy LaRue in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying


February

  • Natalie starts playing Skyrim...it kinda takes over her life


March
  • Natalie submits her Dental Hygiene application and is invited to interview


April

  • April 1 - totally prank Facebook on April Fool's Day by announcing Natalie's pregnant.  (people are STILL mad at us about it)
  • April 2 - Interview for Natalie at the hygiene school
  • April 7 - Crawfish with the Huddlestons in Pineville, LA


May

  • May 7 - Spring classes end, Natalie's first "C" in college (darn Parasitology)
  • Natalie receives a rejection letter from the Dental Hygiene Program
  • Natalie becomes the Relief Society Visiting Teaching Coordinator for church


June 

  • June 2-4 - see family in Houston for a few days, Natalie starts working on her Raising Cane's T-shirt quilt and pillows
  • June 8 - Narayne comes to Baton Rouge, on June 9 we three drive to Lake Charles to see Grandma and Grandpa Mills
  • June 10 - Our wedding anniversary
  • June 16 - Blue Bayou with Narayne


July

  • June 30-July 8 - 4th of July celebration in Bartlesville, OK, with every member of Natalie's family present for the first time in two years
  • July 7 - Michael starts his new salaried job at Trendsic Coorporation
  • Natalie is asked to become a manager at Raising Cane's
  • July 13-23 - Steam Summer Sale!!  Michael buys a lot of much wanted PC video games for dirt cheap
  • July 28 (this Saturday) - visit to Pineville to see the Huddlestons and welcome Elder Cory Huddleston home

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the brief update! It was really nice to get an overview of your life over the past 9 months. I never heard about the C in parasitology. Congratulations! I'm sure I would have failed it :) But I guess you can't graduate now... because the saying goes "C's get degrees", and you only have 1, so there you go. Sorry, Nat.

    lol. Love you, sister! Can't wait for more details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting for the post-a-day....... But seriously, I know that is an impossible promise to keep. Thanks for the run-down of your year. You really have accomplished many things this year! I have been happy to be involved in many of the "high points" of the year. You are loved!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete