Monday, August 22, 2011

Good bye summer, hello school

Sorry I haven't been blogging. It's all because both Mike and I haven't had interesting things to blog about. That and our lives for the past month has been working full time. We both have been so busy! We get home at the end of the day and just want to fuzz our brains sleeping/playing video games. He's working as a game tester for EA, but he's stuck there testing games he doesn't even want to play, so when he comes home he gets a bit of Left 4 Dead, Battlefield, or Civilization 5 in while I sleep on the couch or play Zelda (on the Nintendo 3DS we bought with wedding gift money...).


I like our little apartment. Yes, it's little, and kind of old, but all of our needs are met. The worst part about it is that it doesn't have a dishwasher. To compensate for that, though, at least we get HOT HOT water that (1) doesn't run out and (2) is included in our rent. This, I think, is the best part about our home. It's great for getting the dishes super clean, but also for taking long showers and boiling water fast. We bought a washer and a dryer, which makes washing clothes VERY convenient. Before, we had to go to the apartment complex's laundry center, which was full of junebugs and abandoned clothes. Yuck.


Yesterday Mike and I were officially initiated into the Baton Rouge 2nd ward: we gave talks in sacrament meeting! We were asked to speak on strengthening testimonies. I went before Mike and took as much time as I could so he would have to talk less. Apparently I spoke long enough that Mike had to give only the bare-bones, bullet points of his talk full of quotes and the like. I don't know if he was thankful for that or not! Hahaha.


Today was the first day of school. We're interested to see how classes affect our lives together. It seems like he'll be done with class and work at 7:45pm on weekdays (or later if EA's shift schedule changes), and I'll be done with my Raising Cane's shifts some nights at 9pm. We'll just have to make the most of our mornings and Saturdays. But yeah, class...I'm both excited for and dreading the semester. I feel like my summer hasn't been "lazy" enough, but I guess that's life now! Now I'm in the world of work, responsibility and adulthood, where lazy moments are few and far-between.


We're excited for our holidays this year! For Thanksgiving, we are flying out to Logan, UT to see Mike's mom, then at Christmas all of the Egan kids are going to my parents' house! And hopefully Elder Nick-o will come home early to make it for Christmas. (If not, we're thinking of just delaying our own Christmas celebration for when he does come home.) Not sure what we're doing for our Labor Day weekend, but we're planning on either having my parents come in to town or heading to Destin. We'll decide.


Now a headache is bidding me to stop here and take a nap...so I'll do what it says. Bye!

3 comments:

  1. You have been one busy busy bee. Going and school can be tough on a new marriage, but having someone you can rely on when you get home always makes school much easier. Before you know it, school will be over and you will get all those lazy days you thought would never come! In fact, you might even wish you could go back to school :) Love ya, sister. Glad I was able to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your new post and so excited to see you both at Thanksgiving. We can shop and decorate for Christmas while you're here, too! I'm excited for you to see Logan; I just love it here and want to share it with you. Hope we get some pretty snow while you're here, too. See you before too long! XXXOOOXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie & Michael, good luck on the Fall semester! We can't wait to get over to BR for a belated "housewarming" in your first apartment together. Countdown to Labor Day weekend!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete