Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Death of a Laptop

So my laptop's been on the decline. The CD drive stopped working, sometimes it doesn't want to connect to my printer, the quickplay buttons stopped working, and the screen got really weird. It would be normal and fine until a few minutes later it would either black out (but programs would still be running--I could hear sounds coming from the speakers) or the display would go crazy...like the whole screen would turn yellowy, then reddish, then switch to black lines about two pixels apart from each other. The black lines are what it eventually settled on, so reading text was really hard. I had to change the screen resolution or zoom in a ton to be able to read or type stuff.

Last Monday night, though, I get home and my computer won't start at all! After much talking with HP, I find out my computer is kaput and needs a new motherboard, which to replace it would cost more than I bought the laptop itself for two years ago.

I'll explain more later. Now I need to go to class. Long story short, though, now I don't have a computer. I'm resorting to hanging out in the library whenever I need to do something online, and when the library's closed, I use the computer lab in my apartment complex. We'll see how this affects my blogging resolution...

1 comment: