Thursday, May 15, 2008

I hope...

I hope that I'm NEVER the kind of person that makes someone else feel like they don't matter, or like what they have to say isn't important in a conversation or social setting.

I hope I NEVER judge someone based on income, rich or poor; their hobbies; physical appearance, or social status.

I hope I NEVER try to be the center of attention.

I only hope I have the ability to make someone else feel special, loved, wanted, and important, instead of focusing on what makes people like ME more.

That is what I hope for.

2 comments:

  1. Natalie, those are such WONDERFUL things to hope for. True happiness really comes from thinking of others and reaching out to them in ways that will bring them CLOSER to Christ, rather than drive them away. When we do those things we ourselves are brought closer to Christ, and it's a beautiful feeling! I'm so proud of the woman you have become- despite my unintentional attempts to sometimes make you feel like you don't matter (like your poem said). But never the less, I am so excited that we are sisters! You are so dear. Love you Tanner Gail!

    Emstee

    ReplyDelete